Skip to Main Content
It looks like you're using Internet Explorer 11 or older. This website works best with modern browsers such as the latest versions of Chrome, Firefox, Safari, and Edge. If you continue with this browser, you may see unexpected results.
Policies and Procedures
Welcome to Montgomery Blair High School's Media Center!
The Media Center belongs to the entire Blazer community and empowers students to students thrive in a vibrant shared space. During the year, we hold many special events and host many activities, working closely with teachers, club sponsors, and administrators. View our calendar for events.
What you can find here:
- Knowledgeable staff who can help with research, tech support, and access to school online networks.
- Ample seating, 50 computers, and ChromeBooks for use in the media center.
- A fantastic collection of books selected for you, Blazers!
- A dedicated quiet zone.
- A collection of textbooks, AP, ACT, and SAT study guides - help using the Testing and Education Reference Center.
- Several computer stations for student collaboration and a large screen collaboration station for group work.
- A Kindle Loan program so you can read and listen to books for class.
The Goal is to keep reading and keep learning!
Your Blair ID serves as your library card to check out materials, including computers.
- The checkout period is three weeks for most books. Bring materials in for renewals.
- There are no fines on regular loans, but you will be charged $.50 per day for overdue Overnight Reserve items, beginning with the day the book was due, if it is returned later than 7:45 a.m. that morning.
- Any books that are charged out on your card are your responsibility, even if you checked them out for a friend. If your friend does not return them, you have to pay for them.
- You will receive a notices of your overdue materials from your teacher.
Blair Media Center users respect the mission of the Media Center:
to provide a quiet place for research, homework, reading, or school activities.
- Blair Media Center follows MCPS and Montgomery Blair High School policies to ensure that the Media Center environment promotes student learning.
- Students must present a current student ID in order to use the media center computers, ChromeBooks or borrow materials. Blair students must sign and abide by the Media Center ChromeBook agreement each year.
- Media Center seating at tables and computers is arranged to provide for individual and group study. Let us know if you need special arrangements.
- Media Center staff may request students without study materials to move in order to accommodate students who need table space for study.
- Computers and printing may be used only for schoolwork.
- Food and drink (except water) are not allowed in the media center. Please, no liquid of any kind near the computers or Chromebooks!
- After bells for classes have rung, students must present a pass and sign in.
The Media Center is a zone of tranquility!
Cell phones are allowed for silent uses only. Phone calls may not be placed or taken in the media center.
Students will be asked to remove headphones when seated with other students at tables. Students are asked to remove headphones when talking with or listening to others, including to staff.
Students who print non-school related material will be charged a fee of $0.10 per page. We are always happy to help print to save paper.
All uses of computers and the computer network at Blair must be for educational use and comply with MCPS computer regulation IGT-RA.