Skip to main content
Adopt An Artist
Search this Guide
Adopt An Artist: Home
PowerPoint of the Images
Ms. O'Connor's Assignment
Database - Art
Databases - Encyclopedias
Britannica Academic Online Edition (Encyclopædia Britannica)
A great encyclopedia to start your research with current information. The content is written by experts. Access to Merriam-Webster Dictionary, News, Spotlight and Research tools.
Databases - History Resources
Daily Life Through History (ABC-CLIO)
Details about past eras that make historical accounts relevant and meaningful from their modern-day perspectives.
Magazines and Newspapers
SIRS Issues Researcher (ProQuest)
Find quality pro/con articles and great websites. Also click on the icon for Global Impact for a more international perspective on your topic. Use your planbook to find the home use username and password.
The Note Card System by Gallaudet University
The Note Card System make it easy on yourself by using index card as you gather information. With this method, you categorize the information you find by topic
Your teacher will provide a class enrollment ID and class password for this assignment.
Add a website?
- Use the Webtools form (located under "The Assignment") to suggest websites.
American Masters (PBS)
- a television show about Norman Rockwell, Diego Rivera, and others. Search to see if your artist is here!
- click here for links to exhibits (and photographs), articles, and interviews with the artist.
The Elements of Art
(from the J. Paul Getty Museum) - how to look at art as an artist would.
Emmanuel Gottlieb Leutze
National Gallery of Art
- information on for information on Joe Rosenthal and Jeff Widener.
Washington State Art Collection
- for an overview of Jacob Lawrence and the John Brown Series.
Aug 31, 2019 11:25 AM
Login to LibApps
Report a problem.